Once a Wildcat, Always a Wildcat


The title post must surely be familiar for all of you who have loved and been the fans of High School Musical. The movie which consists of 3 seasons was first released 13 years ago. Yes, 13 YEARS AGO. I realized that I'm really old now. The first time I watched the movie was when I was in elementary school. Woaa, once again I know I'm old. For those of you who feel the same, well, we're in the same team guys! WILDCATS!

Since it's been so long since the third movie was released, I don't even know how are the cast doing now. Of course, they have changed. A lot. Moreover, some of them have got married and have children. Wow! I'm sure that they absolutely have gone through a successful life since the time they were together in the movies. Suddenly, news came telling that there's going to be the series of the movie. I was extremely excited that I can finally watch the cast reunited in the series. But, unfortunately, the cast are different. Oh my... It made me like to find out more about this series and how the story goes whether it's the same with the original one or not.

Here is the official trailer of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. I know it's such a long title, people often shorten it to be HSMTMTS.

The series started airing on November 12. The series stars Olivia Rodrigo, Joshua Bassett, Matt Cornett, Sofia Wylie, Larry Saperstein, Julia Lester, Dara Reneé, Frankie Rodriguez, Mark St. Cyr and Kate Reinders.


It's great to see Corbin Bleu is also enthusiastic with the series even he surprises the cast in an interview on Disney+.

And he enjoys re-watching the first movie in an interview with Disney+ as well.


Meanwhile, I know we all miss the original movies, the romance, the school, the cast, not to mention the songs. Here are 3 top songs from each movie (based on my preference, of course). Let's go watch the clips here and sing along!

High School Musical





High School Musical 2


 


High School Musical 3: Senior Year




 
To be honest, I still remember most of the lyrics of the songs. I'm proud hehe.. 
In the end, I can't really forget High School Musical. It has given me a super big impact in my life. From the movies, I started to learn English by finding out the meaning of the songs lyrics and practicing the dialogue even the choreography. Then I decided to take extra English course outside school to learn more about English. Years went by, my interest with English became stronger which then led me to take English language (which also focuses on education) as my major at the university where I study now.  Hmm.. Such a confession.

I hope this post can refresh your memory about the movies and encourage you to watch the TV series on Disney+ channel. Well, once a wildcat, always a wildcat! Get'cha head in the game!

Comments

Popular Posts