Waiting on God's Answers

Waiting [ wey-ting ]
a period of waiting; pause, interval, or delay.



Waiting is something that most people don't like. Most of us agree that waiting is such a boring activity. It is easier if we know already the person or the thing that we are waiting for exactly. But, what matters is how long we have to wait, how much time does it take in the waiting process?
The problem is we can't be patient. We are not patient enough to wait for it. There is a proverb says: Waiting is not about how long we wait, it's about what we do in waiting. I am in the middle of that waiting for something but I am not sure for how long and I'm a bit afraid what if the answer is not as what i expected.

My sister is in her last year of senior high school. She has passed the national examination few months ago. In February, she has registered herself to the same university for the same major as me . My family and I obviously support her for this, but her response does not show that she really wants to study in this university. I don't know what is in her mind. God showed us way where she passed the entrance exam which led her to do interview with the recruitment members from the university. I was really thankful that time, especially my mom. I didn't know with her. I was sure enough that there was something burdening in her heart, whether she wants to continue the process or give it up.

She did the interview in the middle of February and now she and my family are waiting for the final result. I am actually afraid. I don't want her to take it as a burden if she is accepted since she always says that she doesn't want to be a teacher. On the other hand, I want her to learn all the things that I have learned for these 3 years here, not to mention the Theology subjects. I want her to be disciplined, responsible, and independent as I am who have been living a life I never experienced before in dormitory.

Another thing that I'm waiting for now is the placement announcement for me and the rest of cohort 2016. For your information, we're going to have PPL 2 (field experience program) in July, but we haven't received the fixed and valid information about that. When will exactly we do the PPL? Where will I be placed? What are the specifics about the final project that we must do during the PPL? And so on, so on.

Well, the result of my sister's registration at TC and the placement announcement for me are in God's hands. He has prepared everything. I believe that. I might be unsure what will be the answer if I think with my own logic, but I surrender everything to Him because I know He will answer it in His perfect time. Yes, I have been waiting on God's answer. I have been waiting on the result and the announcement. 

When waiting on God to answer our prayers, we must believe God will answer. Only God can see the big picture. It seems like He doesn't answer us even we think if God cares about us. We should remember that He has promised to hear His children. 


James 1:6-7 says “But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to answer, for a doubtful mind is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. People like that should not expect to receive anything from the Lord”

As I come to God every time before I sleep at night and after I wake up in the morning, I speak to God with the help from the Holy Spirit. I am always reminded that God's plans are better than mine.

Jeremiah 29:11 says, “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”

Mark 11:24 also says that we have to believe that we have received what we have prayed, “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”

1 John 5:14-15 speaks, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."

We should rest in God’s faithfulness. He will answer you. Also, don't forget to be thankful for everything you have now. The fact that we're still breathing, we still can see the blue sky or the cloudy sky, we can still enjoy the fresh water and wind that touches our skin, we can hear the laughter of children are some of God's blessings that we cannot doubt.

Psalm 37:4 says, "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart."
So, rejoice always while you wait on His answer to your prayers.

God bless you.


~Nad's

Comments

Popular Posts